No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Google Map Not Loaded
Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.
The site of Papillon Hall, now a farm, is situated on high ground with views overlooking the surrounding countryside. The Hall was demolished in 1950, so there is nothing to see of this building. The site is now a field and a farmyard with fragments of the former gardens and outbuildings scattered around. These include the lily pond, a summerhouse, some walls and the remains of a greenhouse. The stables and other outbuildings remain and are now used as farm buildings.
Lowesby Hall has 18th-century parkland of 50 hectares with early-20th-century formal gardens designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens and now much simplified. The parkland contains part of the earthwork remains of the medieval village of Lowesby.
Brooksby Hall is set in 31 acres of grounds, sloping northwards down to the River Wreake. The estate is the country campus of Brooksby Melton College of Further Education and offers training in a wide range of country skills. It was formerly the county agricultural college. The Hall, originally a late 16th Century country house, was extended in the late 19th century. It houses administrative offices for the College as well as offering conference, banqueting and wedding facilities. In the grounds to the south of the Hall, is the Church of St Michael, which dominates the landscape. Modern college buildings, dating from the 1950s to 1970s are located to the north and east of the Hall. The gardens, which are informal in style, include a lake and a stream. The wide range of planting reflects the College’s status as a horticultural college.